...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

going going...to Istanbul...

...soon...

This is a pre-trip post as I will shortly be heading to the International Leadership Association conference and presenting my research from Qatar.  I couldn't go, though, without a getaway post of a cool destination (which by the way will be on temporary hiatus as I go).  Today's place is:

The Hagia Sophia - Istanbul, Turkey


Otherwise known as the Church of Holy Wisdom.  Considered the greatest church when originally begun by Emperor Justinian.  Sadly plundered by the Crusades in 1204.

I plan to be blogging as I can while I go, so check back for updates!

1 comment:

  1. That looks huge, and awesome. I'd love to climb around the outside of it in a Tomb Raider game.

    ReplyDelete