...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Nizwa

I literally was in my office all of 45 minutes yesterday...it's been a long time since I've gone back to back to back on meetings, but I had no choice and then had class that went late.  So...maybe today will be a little bit better.  Couldn't even get something posted yesterday...and I've got Qual A looming as well. 

I'd also like to share that last night reminded me of Doha nights in the desert...clear sky, amazing stars...and 39 degrees.  Even for San Diego, that's pushing it just a hair. 

So in honor of that, my choice of Place of the Day today will be from that region:

Nizwa - Oman


Dating back to medieval times when coastal Oman was deep in sea trade, this was the seat of the imams who ruled for centuries.  Also known for being the birthplace of Sinbad the Sailor, and the center for Oman's jewelry and crafts industries.  Definitely a place to pick up a khanjar if you want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment