...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 3 - a slight 'bump'

Greetings...

Day three is winding down, and while I've definitely made progress on the research front, I ran into a little bit of a 'bump' in the road today when I was finally able to meet with my contact at the second site...who promptly conveyed to me that she didn't have much confidence in me being able to access any of her students.  I accepted her reasoning (which I won't get into for the sake of things here), and we left it at her contacting the Assoc Dean to see if there was any possibility of me getting access.  But she wasn't at all optimistic, which was a bit of a frustration since I had made in the initial contact weeks ago and hadn't heard anything back.

As I've come to find out from previous research done here, one has to take these things and roll with them.  I was able to get in contact with students from my first site this afternoon, so I was pretty happy about that.

This is all a process - and life throws you challenges sometimes.

Thank goodness its "friday".

No comments:

Post a Comment