...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Monday, November 5, 2012

A Team of Rivals movie!


One of the memorable things about my PhD program at USD will be having had the chance to read and present on the book Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin.  It really opened my eyes to the leadership struggles and lessons that Lincoln had to balance between his cabinet, and it sucked me in completely.

Smithsonian is highlighting the new movie coming out that is based on the book - you can read more about it here:

Mr. Lincoln Goes to Hollywood

I highly recommend reading the book before seeing the movie, since I believe you will find an easier connection between content areas.  And, from early reviews, the movie is centrally based on the latter third of the book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment