...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

American / Qatar Airways Codeshare!

I'm not sure what it is, but ever since I took my first trip over to Doha I see so many more news articles that concern Qatar than I ever saw before.  And when they are travel related, I take special notice since there's always a good chance I'll be returning (whether for leisure or for something related to my dissertation research). 

Today was another day of note concerning travel to Qatar - American and Qatar Airways officially sealed a codeshare pact (courtesy of USA Today) that should open up a host of travel opportunities to the Middle East and allow for flyers to collect Aadvantage miles in the process. 

No mention was made of whether miles earned will be elite qualifying, but hopefully the codeshare will include that option.

Flight options will be available beginning February 10th for travel commencing February 26th on most non-stop routes between the US and Doha.

Guess I will start my fall travel planning now!

No comments:

Post a Comment