...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

2013/14 travel goal - Star Alliance

I'm not usually one to narrow my travel plans, but I've been pondering a challenge for myself that I think may be doable over the next year or so (providing that I have the funds, miles, and time).  I fly an awful lot on United, and would like to try and keep my 1K status for the foreseeable future.  But I'm not opposed to flying other Star Alliance carriers that can also get me elite qualifying miles.

So my personal challenge - by the end of 2014 to fly at least once on all members of the Star Alliance.

Yes, I might be crazy.

Here's the list (and I'll exclude US Airways at this point since they're heading to OneWorld and also note in red how many I've already flown):

 So...am I crazy?  Maybe.  But I'm also adventurous, so why not try??  (don't worry...my priority is still to finish my dissertation)

2 comments:

  1. Around the World in Eighteen Airlines, by Jules Verne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to see how close I can get - will be a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete