...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Friday, June 21, 2013

A points dilemma for the summer...

I enjoy receiving targeted points promotions (since I often don't qualify for the big ones that everyone else seems to get and I haven't figured out why), and in the next few months I'm going to be in a bit of a quandary.  I've received (and signed up for) two different promotions - one is already underway, another to start next month:

US Airways - 15,000 bonus miles if I spend $750/mo. for May, June, and July.
Hyatt - 5000 Gold Passport points if I spend $3000 between July 1 and Sept 30.

I'm already one month into the US Airways promo before receiving the Hyatt one today in the mail.  I tend to value the Hyatt points more, since their redemption options at high-end properties (like the Park Hyatt Zurich and Paris Vendome) are typically expensive. But the coming US Airways/American merger will make those miles valuable as well, since they probably will allow accounts and miles to be merged.

Choices, choices...what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment