...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I can't believe I'm stooping this low...

Tonight I begin my trip back to Wisconsin to speak at the WALE conference on my research.  I'm excited to be sharing what I learned, excited to be back at WLC for a few days, and excited to hang with my dad (who will be attending the grade school conference just down the street).

But there's one thing I'm not excited about - flying Delta.

I know, I know...those of you who know me are probably wondering what happened to me.  How could I ever buy a Delta ticket?  Skypesos, after all, are not worth anything in flight mile currency.  The last time I flew Delta was well over 6 years ago.

What happened to me was this: money.  I hate money.  And since this particular ticket was only $250 compared to United's offering at the time of $400, I had no choice.

So I went the cheapest route.  And I hope I don't rue the day I made the decision, as I can't be late getting to the conference.

At least I'm flying a 767 from here to Atlanta, which will make it more tolerable.  But still...it's the principle of the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment