...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Place of the Day: El Oriente

I had a blast last year visiting South America for the first time, and couldn't beat the price I found to fly me round trip from LAX to Lima ($250).  It was worth the time, as I was able to visit Cuzco and Machu Picchu and really get a first had view of the forested mountain areas of that region.   There are many more places like that to visit in South America, and I wanted to highlight another that takes you much closer into the Amazon:



Known as "the East", El Oriente is Ecuador's wild region of tropical Amazon rainforest.  It's probably best to visit one of the eco-lodges on the first trip, where you can see a variety of animals and plant life, including monkeys, tree frogs, and birds of all kinds.

There are always flight deals (it seems) over Thanksgiving to reach this region, so keep your eyes out for deals.  It's high on my list for another visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment