...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Friday, November 1, 2013

United Award ticket Devaluation...and it's not good

Greetings from Zurich!

I was thinking about scaling back posts while on vacation, but when I saw this cross the wire today, I had to share:

United Increasing Miles for Award Redemptions

After taking a look at the comparable data, it seems as though domestic tickets will be left unchanged for the most part.  It's when you want to redeem miles for Business or First class on United it starts to get bad, and when you choose partner airlines it becomes disasterous.

For example:

Business class seat to Europe:  Was = 100,000 miles;   Now = 115,000 (United), 140,000 (partners)

I think what might be poorest is the fact that it came out of the blue, right in the middle of United's big campaign to focus on their "new" services.

Not very positive to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment