...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Place of the Day: Willemstad, Curacao

I haven't made it a priority in my travels to focus on the Caribbean as an aspirational destination - I've just always felt there is much more to see and do in Europe and the Middle East.  There are a few places that I wouldn't mind visiting (Aruba, Bogota, and Caracas come to mind), and I also saw a recent location to add my list (although I'm never sure exactly how to pronounce it):


The Dutch colonial buildings are enough of a draw for me to consider visiting this place, but the tropical atmosphere might be a close 2nd.  The Museum Kura Hulanda is also an interesting place to consider on your trip, along with the many snorkeling and diving sites that have become standard when visiting this region.  And while you're at it, why don't you try one of the amazing street cafes?  Willemstad also has the distinction of being one of UNESCO's World Heritage Sites.



Hato International Airport is what you're looking for during your flight searches, and flights aren't typically too expensive depending on the time of year.  Connecting from Miami you can find flights as cheap as $392 on American right now, and that's pretty much the only way to get there from the US outside of Copa Airlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment