...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Friday, June 27, 2014

Unexpected triple points!

I love it when this happens - I go out to a place to eat, and without knowing it stumble upon a points bonanza. 

The most recent case of this was a trip I made up to Carlsbad for a Qatar group dinner - sad in many ways because one of my good friends is moving back to WI and so our group will be minus one for quite a while! 

I always go to Opentable to see what options are available, and in this case I found one at Fresco Trattoria - very good reviews, and I love Italian food, so what's not to like?  I made the reservation and the dinner overall went very well.  Payment was made with my Chase Sapphire Preferred card, so double points on the meal plus the Opentable...not bad.

But...I was surprised when I got a message this week from Chase Mileage Plus Dining...my meal at Fresco qualified for dining miles for United!  I never thought to check that site, since most times Opentable and the dining plans don't overlap.  But I'll take it in this case...triple!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Was hoping to reach you via email to ask a few questions, could you let me know where I could email you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to contact me via email at: Rbakken@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete