...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Star Alliance Goal - not yet realized...

A little over a year ago I challenged myself to see whether or not it might be possible to fly on most, if not all, Star Alliance airlines.  I wasn't sure whether or not this goal was realistic, only that I know I wanted to try and see what I could do if money and time were available.  At the time I was doing all my primary flying on United, so it made sense at the time to see if it was possible.

In short, it wasn't.

I haven't given up on my goal, but have realized that rising airfare prices have definitely impacted my travel habits.  Where I could usually find $300 or so airfares across the country, I'm now seeing $500+ fares.  As the economy has recovered, the airlines are also recovering their ability to raise prices and hold them out for as long as possible since load factors have continued to increase.

Here's my list - it hasn't changed much:
As a researcher, maybe I could pitch an idea to Star Alliance to sponsor me finishing out the list in exchange for a two-year qualitative study on the similarities and differences between the airlines among paying passengers, based on perceived value of their experience for what they purchased.  I bet there would be unique perspectives between the various nationalities of passengers where these carriers originate.  Star Alliance, if you read this, please contact me if you're interested! 

No comments:

Post a Comment