...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Would love your support to continue my research in Qatar!

I desperately would like to continue my dissertation research - my topic covers higher education and native student engagement at Education City in Doha, Qatar.  You can read more about my research here:

http://gradworks.umi.com/35/75/3575051.html

As you can imagine, it's not easy to get over to Qatar and stay for the time necessary to do research typically due to cost and other factors.  It's a long, expensive flight to be sure.

So, I thought it might be a fun idea to see if there are any interested souls willing to donate to my cause.  I started a page at gofundme.com, and am hoping that visitors to my blog might be interested in helping me.  You can find the information at the following link:

http://www.gofundme.com/bqw430

Here's the main gist of my plan: my dissertation research was focused on native students attending Western Universities in Doha, Qatar, and I'm looking to go back to Education City and continue the work I started in 2012.  I'm hoping you might find a similar connection with my work interviewing students and giving them a voice in describing their educational journey.  Since the cost to travel and work in that region is significant, I'm looking for your help to get back!  For those who help, I will also credit you in the final research document for publication.

Please pass the link along to family and friends that might be interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment