...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Saturday, December 27, 2014

As 2015 nears...

Wow.  It's almost 2015 already?  Where did 2014 go?

This is the time of year where I get a bit introspective about the past year, how things are going, and where I see myself in the coming year.  I had quite a few goals this past year, some which were realized and others that were not.  It's amazing in some ways to think about how many wonderful and amazing things occurred and I am grateful for each and every one of them.  A few highlights:

- I was able to meet up with a best friend, Jimmy, while he was stationed over in Seoul.  We managed to do a whirlwind tour of every major site over one weekend.
- I was able to experience a new airline (Croatia)
- I used United miles and Hyatt points to visit Dubrovnik, Croatia and Zurich - stopping and driving through several places along the way (including Zagreb)
- I was able to get home and to Milwaukee on a number of occasions to visit family and friends
- I traveled to a number of other places around the country as time and money permitted
- Presented on a panel at the International Leadership Association Conference

All in all I'd say I had a pretty successful year.  I had a few other goals in mind that didn't pan out but I'm hopeful that a few of them will be on the docket for early in 2015.  Pressing on toward the goals ahead has always been a part of who I am.

In the coming year, I've got a few things in mind that I'd like to try and do and some that I didn't get to in 2014 - hopefully miles and points will help me for a couple of them:

- One aspiration pre- and post-PhD was to start a family, and I'm hopeful for that
- Locations on my travel list: Gimmelwald, Australia/New Zealand, and Ushuaia
- Professionally I aspire to find an administrative or teaching position in Qatar, other countries in the Middle East, or another international school (preferably Zurich or Rome)
- I want to make a more concerted effort to be involved in my church
- I want to do a better job of reconnecting with current friends and reaching out to make new
- I still have several US states left to visit (Montana, Oregon, Idaho, the deep south)

Here's hoping for a fun-filled 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment