...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Tuesday's Severe Turbulence

I've done my fair share of flying domestically as well as overseas, and it's not uncommon to experience a bout or two of turbulence when you're going over.  I think the worst bit of turbulence I ever had was on a trip to Europe where it was about a sustained 15-20 minutes of non-stop shaking...the British Airways team at that time did an excellent job of getting us through it, but I remember saying a prayer midway through since the sustained jolting was enough to raise me out of my seat.  Thankfully I don't have motion sickness...if I wouldn't have had a seatbelt on it would have been bad, and that's usually my gauge to how severe turbulence is.

But this story from this week makes me wonder - via the USA Today.

It looks pretty bad.  You can watch the video on YouTube here.

I don't blame them for diverting...those jolts were not to be reckoned with.  Especially the one at :25.

No comments:

Post a Comment