...constantly searching to find the best travel deals and places to visit. A never-ending quest for adventure!

Monday, December 15, 2014

Whirlwind weekend

I'm back in San Diego this week after a bit of a whirlwind weekend that took me back to my alma mater on Thursday and Friday.  I was asked to speak at Commencement on Thursday evening, which was a surprise and an honor - a big thank you to the WLC family for inviting me back.  In the process I was able to catch up with many friends and colleagues that I haven't talked to in quite a while.  At the same time I decided to stay through the weekend and also caught up with a number of friends that I haven't seen in a long time.  Sadly I wasn't able to reach everyone, but I'm going to make it a priority again on my next extended visit in town.

Overall it was a really fun time, and I managed to (mostly) kick the cold I've been dealing with for the past two weeks...only a few things lingering.  I also want to give a kudos to American Airlines for getting me back on time and returning me to San Diego (and on the way was able to catch a head/nod from Donald Driver who was on my connecting flight from Dallas). 

Where will my next travels take me?

This coming weekend will be my trip back home for Christmas to western WI...looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment